Help Homegrown find yet another badass volunteer coordinator. We bid dear Kyle adieu, or whatever they say in Denver. Would you or someone you know like to step up?
Position: Volunteer Coordinator, Duluth Homegrown Music Festival
Status: Part-time – 3 months, March 1 – April 28, 2011; Full-time – 8 days, April 29 – May 6, 2012
Application: Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Cut off date: October 18, 2011
Hiring Range: $1000 – $1250 DOE
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and administrating an effective and comprehensive volunteer program, including recruitment and training of volunteers. They will assist with the screening, placement and oversight of volunteers leading up to and during the festival week.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand and express the needs and mission of Homegrown; ability to create a positive environment for volunteers, and to work effectively as part of a team; have excellent written and oral communication skills to include public speaking and presentation skills; a high level of organizational skills and the ability to multi-task; ability to adapt to changes in schedules and priorities even with the Apocalypse nigh.
This position requires strong proficiency with electronic communication and social networking technology, and an ability to stay cool under pressure. Seriously: ice cold. Under extraordinary stress. We’re talking, like, astronaut level steel nerves.
- Is available to back up staff every night of the festival, from April 29 – May 6, 2012
- Screens all potential venue managers and general volunteers
- Directs an ongoing recruiting effort to increase volunteer participation
- Develops and implements training programs for venue managers and general volunteers
- Creates and oversees a schedule for door staff at multiple venues during festival week
- Oversees the distribution of promotional and marketing materials, including 10,000 copies of the 2011 Field Guide
- Maintains and expands a database of eligible volunteers, as well as formalizing Volunteer Coordinator position’s standards and practices
- Rocks and/or rolls in accordance with the spirit of the biggest, cheapest, most awesome, and wildly adored event in the Twin Ports
Ready? Send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.