HOMEGROWN MUSIC FESTIVAL HAS 2 INTERN POSITIONS OPEN!
The Homegrown Music Festival is an annual celebration of the original and diverse music of Duluth, MN & Superior, WI. What started in 1998 with just five simple acts has blossomed to its 15th year to a regionally recognized, 150+ act, community-wide music, arts, and film extravaganza. The weeklong festival runs April 28 – May 5, 2013. By offering so much music and artistic culture, Homegrown continues to draw bigger audiences every year. From Twin Ports expatriates returning to town to visiting fans from Minneapolis to Madison, the Homegrown Music Festival is a destination event.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIPS:
Position: Festival Operations/Ad Sales Intern (Two openings)
• Part-Time – 5 to 10 flexible hours per week; as few as 5 with as many as 10.
• Can meet weekly or bi-weekly for follow up on assignments.
• Must feel comfortable in a “sales role” with the ability to talk to strangers and sell our festival to them.
• Excellent organizational, time management, and writing skills with possible press releases and business correspondence assignments.
• Ability to travel to businesses in and around Duluth with own transportation.
Deadline: We are looking to fill these positions as soon as possible. These positions will fill fast.
Application: Please send a resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Hiring range: This is a volunteer position. Both Interns will gain experience in a fast-paced environment. Interns will receive a weeklong wristband the week of the festival and our gratitude for a job well done.
The ideal candidates will have the ability to understand and express the needs and mission of Homegrown, ability to create a positive environment with all business contacts, and to work effectively as part of a team.